The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
Both a cover letter and corresponding resume detailing how you meet the minimum and preferred qualifications for this position are required. You can upload these documents when you create an applicant profile.
Core responsibilities of this position include: providing exemplary customer service to students, families, and the community while assisting students with all aspects of the student enrollment process. Student Services Specialists will uphold the Student Hub mission statement: The LCCC Student Hub is invested in creating positive, streamlined experiences for the campus community through attentive, knowledgeable, efficient, centralized services. Student Services Specialists will be the main point of contact for students, prospective students, and community members to access information and ask questions about LCCC and all Student Services through an integrated services center. As such, Student Services Specialists are expected to be friendly, respectful, and knowledgeable in the service they provide. Student Services Specialists will assist students in the areas of Admissions, Financial Aid, Student Records, Accounting, and housing, as well as answer questions about Student Life, Student Planning & Success, and various other campus departments and events. Accordingly, this position requires a wide breadth as well as depth of knowledge in each Student Services area, necessitating complex and critical thinking skills in retaining this knowledge and being aware of the resources to help access this information. This position is responsible for a high volume of communication with students in face-to-face interactions, as well as telephone and internet interactions, and must be able to communicate clearly and effectively across these modalities.
Compensation:This is a Classified 4 position. Starting salary: $13.39-$15.41/hr.
Priority Screening Date: The position will be kept open until filled. For full consideration, apply by May 13th, 2018.
For information about Cheyenne, visit http://www.lccc.cc.wy.us/about/welcome.
Process & Document Management
Collaboration & Communication
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Personal computer applications – specifically Microsoft Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint), Adobe products (e.g., Reader, Professional), as well as database management systems
• Basic office equipment including, but not limited to, personal computers and associated peripherals, fax machine, multi-line telephone, voice recorders, and other electronic devices
• Institutional mission, philosophy, policies, and procedures
• The various departments in Student Services (as well as Student Accounts) and their interconnectedness
• Read and interpret instructions in oral, written, or diagrammatical form (e.g., a flow chart of a process)
• Read and interpret College catalogs, policies, and procedures per Wyoming Community College guidelines
• Perform as an organized self-starter
• Handle expeditiously, accurately, and confidentially the rapid receipt of communications from all sources: written, email, voice mail, one-on-one, with attention to detail
• Act on own initiative while exercising reasonable judgment
• Communicate clearly and in an informative manner with a variety of people, in one-on-one and small group settings
• Support time-based requests while functioning effectively in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment with deadlines, frequent interruptions, and some interpersonal pressure
• Deal effectively and professionally with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds
• Respond to common inquiries from College faculty and staff, regulatory agencies, vendors, regional business community, and others as may be necessary
• Maintain a supportive, calm service demeanor when dealing with upset or challenging situations; de-escalate emotionally charged situations with customers, and handle escalated situations with concern and confidence
• Examine all aspects and consider the multilayered elements of a situation
• Work in a highly visible, busy, heavily trafficked student and public office environment in close proximity with colleagues
• Communication, including effective listening
• Establishing appropriate professional rapport with courtesy and tact to accurately determine needs, collect necessary information, and follow through when necessary
• Critical thinking and decision making
• To successfully perform the essential functions of this position, an employee must be able to maintain appropriate confidentiality with regard to employee data, documents, issues, etc., and respect privacy needs of employees and past employees with regard to the same
• There may be occurrences of employees, past employees, members of the general public, and others who express opinions, may exhibit strong emotions, which will require the employee to interact professionally, diplomatically, and appropriately in such situations
• While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the office space as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities
• There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged personal computer use which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor
• An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
• The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.