The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
This position is only available for LCCC students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the Fall 2018 semester.
You will need a resume to complete your application. You must upload a letter of recommendation to complete your application.
Why Become A Student Ambassador?
As the position of Student Ambassador is a prestigious position on campus, student ambassadors will benefit from their positions by:
LCCC Student Ambassadors are admission ambassadors, tour guides, and orientation leaders combined. This elite group of students are the face of the College; making a great first impression to all prospective students and their families is imperative. Student Ambassadors assist prospective and current students in the admissions/registration process, help new students acclimate and transition, provide support at campus-wide events, and promote the image of Laramie County Community College and the LCCC experience to students, faculty, staff, and the community in various ways.
Screening Date: Position open until filled, screening to begin immediately.
Start Date: Fall/2018.
Compensation: $9.80 per hour, commensurate with experience.
• Attend all ambassador meetings and trainings (schedule TBD; varies by semester)
• Participate in the LCCC Leadership Institute, including a 3-day retreat during August prior to the semester beginning
• Provide general information and directions to visitors, students, faculty, and staff
• Be knowledgeable about college services and programs in order to provide referrals for new and prospective students
• Assist students with understanding academic offerings and requirements
• Serve as an initial point-of-contact for students approaching the LCCC Student Hub in order to direct them to the appropriate resource
• Be proactive in providing assistance to new and current students in utilizing and learning about their student portal and the functions/transactions that they can accomplish through their portal
• Provide informative, dynamic campus tours to prospective students, families, community members, and employment candidates of LCCC
• Answer a multi-line telephone system and respond to inquiries, which may include problem-solving, answering common questions, and transferring calls as needed
• Use professionalism, courtesy, and high-level customer service skills in dealing with all walk-in and phone traffic in the work area
• Contribute and interact positively and persuasively with new and prospective students and their families
• Maintain a welcoming and clean environment within the work area and around campus as appropriate, conducive to providing prospective students with a great first impression at LCCC and indicative of the quality of LCCC’s service and programs
• Positively portray the LCCC experience, including participation in campus outreach and marketing efforts for recruitment
• Serve as a positive role model for prospective and current students and the community
• Work at campus and community events as assigned to assist with college outreach and recruitment (including but not limited to phone-a-thons, orientation sessions, career fairs, college/transfer fairs, local high school recruitment visits, etc.)
• Engage in campus involvement (attending at least 5 campus events each semester)
• Serve as Orientation Leaders
• Be present at New Student Orientation sessions to provide assistance, which includes: creating folders for Orientation, helping with set-up and check-in, mingling with attendees and their guests, presenting portions of Orientation content.
• Provide organizational and administrative support to orientation initiatives
• Provide organizational and administrative support to the Admissions office, and other campus offices as requested
• Contribute to social media by posting content (photos, statuses, blogs) through LCCC’s social media outlets that help further the Admissions office mission, and LCCC’s overall Mission, Vision, & Values
• Be reliable, flexible, and punctual
• Present themselves professionally, to include professional attire during work hours (LCCC attire, some of which will be provided by the office of Admissions, or business casual dress)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Skills including: written and oral communication, public speaking/presenting, customer service, organization, time management, juggling multiple tasks at once while not sacrificing quality
Ability to work independently as well as a member of a team
Ability to facilitate group discussions and present to diverse audiences
Students must maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA while enrolled at LCCC to remain eligible. GPA will be checked each semester
Students should enjoy assisting others and contributing to their success as well as the success of LCCC
• While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work space as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities.
• There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged personal computer use which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor.
There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged telephone use including interacting with the public, and transferring calls as needed
• An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus
• The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.