The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
This is a part-time position.
This position is only available for LCCC students enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for the current semester.
Job Summary: Core responsibilities of this position include: Maintain equipment in the Language lab and assist students and instructors to create a more beneficial lab experience.
Start Date: Position is open until filled.
• Signing in and assisting lab users with the computers and specialized software
• Hardware maintenance
• Reporting any hardware/software problems to the ITS help desk
• Answering phones
• Tutoring modern languages as needed (Spanish, French, ESL, etc.)
• Accurate recording of students using the lab
• Proctoring tests
• Assisting instructors to improve the quality of the services offered in the lab
• While performing the essential duties of this position, an employee would frequently be required to move around the assigned work space as well as within hallways, meeting rooms, and other parts of the campus facilities.
• There may be multiple/daily instances of prolonged personal computer use which would include keyboard and/or mouse usage as well as viewing a computer monitor.
• An employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds to perform essential position functions.
• Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and ability to adjust focus.
• The overall work environment requires the mental ability to shift focal point quickly due to interruptions; an employee must be able to mentally track multiple projects and tasking as well.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, there may be unexpected instances of somewhat loud sounds.
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.