The mission of Laramie County Community College is to transform our students' lives through the power of inspired learning. Our over-arching goal is that our accomplishments as a community college will distinguish LCCC from others in the nation, in turn benefiting our communities and bringing pride to the Great State of Wyoming. Our core values include Passion, Authenticity, and the Desire to Make a Difference.
A copy of official/unofficial transcripts are required in order to be considered for this position. You can upload these documents when you create your applicant profile.
Multiple positions may be available under this listing and filled on an as needed basis.
This position is an adjunct dental hygiene clinical instructor with dental hygiene students during clinical rotations on campus. Under the supervision of the Dental Hygiene Program Director and working directly with the dental hygiene clinic coordinator, clinical dental hygiene instructors will be responsible for the dental hygiene clinical instruction in the areas of dental hygiene care process including clinical skills and evaluation of clinical procedures. In addition to these responsibilities, dental hygiene clinical instructors will find themselves performing as role models for students and public relations with patients. On occasion, an instructor will need to give direct patient care, such as removing a difficult area of calculus, as part of a teaching-learning situation.
Hours will vary, the employee will work every Monday from 8am-5pm and/or
on Tuesdays from 8am-5pm.
Starting Date: Fall 2018.
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience and Education.
• Abides by College and department policies and philosophies and fulfills department and College responsibilities as directed by the program director and/or Dean of the School of Health Professions and
• Ensures that instruction meets or exceeds standards established by the ADA Commission on Dental Accreditation
• Remains in clinic for the duration of all clinical sessions
• Supervises all care/treatment plans developed by students and approved by clinic faculty as outlined in the Wyoming State Dental Practice Act
• Administers and grades clinical skills in accordance with course objectives identified in the course syllabus
• Supervises and grades clinical rotator duties performed by students
• Employs a variety of teaching methods in order to meet the varied learning styles of students
• Monitors student performance and provides feedback to students in a reasonable amount of time
• Follow the dental hygiene student clinic handbook policies and procedures and participates with faculty and program director to update as needed
• Supervises students during the administration of local anesthesia and monitoring of nitrous oxide for clinic patients
• Respond to emergency situations and implements emergency procedures
• Communicates with faculty and Program Director about students' needs, attendance and achievements
• Attends continuing education/methodology by participation in workshops, seminars, regional and/or national meetings
• Upholds expected standards of professionalism, quality, and ethics and in so doing serves as a role model for students
• Attend regularly scheduled department meetings
• Participate in trainings, orientations and college required activities
• Assist in dental hygiene program accreditation process
• Perform other duties delegated by the Faculty Program Director of Dental Hygiene
• Supports the College and Dental Hygiene mission and initiatives
An employee in this position may perform some of these responsibilities on an infrequent basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Graduate of a program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation
• Associate's of science degree or higher in Dental Hygiene
• Possesses a current Wyoming dental hygiene license
• Current local anesthesia and nitrous oxide certification
• Minimum of three years clinical experience as a hygienist
• Current CPR card issued by AHA
• Current knowledge of clinical dental hygiene
• Evidence of continuing education/methodology coursework
• Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with fellow
• Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills
• Prior teaching experience
LCCC DOES NOT SPONSOR H1B VISAS
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
Laramie County Community College is committed to providing a safe and nondiscriminatory educational and employment environment. The college does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation or other status protected by law. Sexual harassment, including sexual violence, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972. The college does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic or other programs or in the context of employment.
The College has a designated person to monitor compliance and to answer any questions regarding the college’s non-discrimination policies: Please contact: Title IX and ADA Coordinator, Room 205B, Pathfinder Building, 1400 E College Drive, Cheyenne, WY 82007, 307-778-1217,TitleIX_ADA.Coordinator@lccc.wy.edu.